Impact of Covid-19 Infection on Brain & Nervous System
Coronaviruses (COVID-19) infection has emerged as a challenging problem, affecting the majority of the population across the globe and declared as pandemic by World Health Organization (WHO) on 11th March 2020.
- As, currently we don’t have the vaccine or any fruitful medicine to fight against this virus, the only the way that might be helpful to fight against the virus, is to follow the safety guidelines, gather the information about the virus, their mode of transmission and clinical manifestation till the development of effective vaccine takes place.
- The virus is popularly known as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARCCoV-2) as it severely affects the respiratory system of the affected person. Several recent studies have suggested that in addition to the respiratory challenges it also causes neurological damage. Thus, the proposed talk will describe the detrimental impact of COVID-19 infection on the neurological function in human?
- What are neurological symptoms of COVID infection and how COVID-19 infection affect/alter the neuronal functions. Speaker: Dr Anand K. Tiwari, Associate Professor, Institute of Advanced Research, Gandhinagar
- About Speaker: Dr. Anand K. Tiwari, is an Associate Professor at Department of Biological Sciences & Biotechnology, IAR Gandhinagar.
- He is working in the area of Genetics and Neurobiology using Drosophila (an invertebrate animal) model of Alzheimer’s disease.
- His group is interested to find out the details of Alzheimer’s disease pathology in context to Miro, a mitochondrial outer membrane protein, associated with axonal transport and Sirtuins, genes regulating the ageing and age-related diseases.