Research Interest (Specialization): Digital Signal Processing, Adaptive Signal Processing, Image processing, Data Clustering, Neural Networks, Deep machine learning, Evolutionary Computing, Bio and Nature inspired systems, multi-objective optimization and many-objective optimization methods, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
Teaching Experience: 02 years 01 Month
July 2017 – May 2019: Teaching Assistant in Department of Electronics and Communication, NIT Jaipur, Rajasthan.
February 2015 – May 2015: Lecturer in Department of Electronics and Communication, Ahmedabad Institute of Technology (AIT), Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Research Experience: 01 year
Current Research interest and area working on
Design of multi-objective evolutionary algorithms to handle constrained and un-constrained many-objective problems.
Development of Artificial neural network system for satellite image processing application.
Expansion of nature inspired methodologies as classification technique for pattern recognition application.
Nature inspired algorithmic development for wireless sensor devices.
Development of Deep neural network system as a classification tool for hyper-spectral satellite images.
Latest 5 Publications
- Gupta, Rachana, Satyasai Jagannath Nanda, and Urvashi Prakash Shukla. “Cloud detection in satellite images using multi-objective social spider optimization.” Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier 79 (2019): 203-226.
- Gupta, Rachana, Satyasai Jagannath Nanda, “Vector-angle penalised NSGA-III to solve many-objective optimization problems.” IET Electronics Letters 55, no. 4 (2019): 198-200.
- 3. Gupta, Rachana, Satyasai Jagannath Nanda, “A Binary NSGA-III for Unsupervised Band Selection in Hyper-spectral Satellite Images.” In IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), 2019.
- Gupta, Rachana, Satyasai Jagannath Nanda., “Many-objective B/NSGA-III for band selection in cloud contaminated hyper-spectral images”, published in 18th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology, Bhubneswar, 2019.
- Gupta, Rachana, and Pradip Panchal. “Discrimination of snow/ice and cloud against various ecological region using DWT and color models.” In 2016 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2016.
Awards & Achievements
Awarded with best poster presentation of research work in the event of Industry day & research conclave, during 15-16 Feb., 2020 at Malaviya National Institute of Technology (NIT Jaipur).
Received best paper award on remote sensing: Enabling our future which was organized by Indian Society of Geomatics (Vadodara Chapter), Indian Science Congress Association (Baroda Chapter), Indian Women Scientists’ Association (Baroda Branch) & IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (Gujarat Chapter) in 2016.
Recipient of Doctoral Research Fellowship from Ministry of Human research Development (MHRD) for the year 2016-2020.
Recipient of PG scholarship from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for the year 2013-2015.
Qualified all India Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE) examination in 2013.
Talk on E & ICT Academy Summer FDP on Advancement in Signal Processing & Optimization Techniques at MNIT (2019).
Expert talk on swarm optimization algorithm at MNIT Innovation and Incubation Center (2019).
Expert talk on Nature Inspired Algorithm and its Application at Charotar University of Science and Technology, Gujarat (2017).
Member of scientific committee
Courses Taught at UG/PG
UG: Basic Electronics, Digital Electronics, Digital Signal Processing
PG: Adaptive Signal Processing, Neural Network, Artificial Intelligence
Important Links to follow