Current Research interest and area working on
Additive manufacturing (3D printing) of materials; Nanostructure materials; Polymer/precursor derived ceramics and its composites; Ultra-high temperature ceramics; Electrospinning of anofibers and its applications; Polymer Processing and recycling of waste materials.
IPR / Patents
K. K. Kar, A. Rahaman, N. Patra and S. Dasgupta “Controlled growth of carbon nanocones on carbon fiber(s)/fabric and method of synthesis thereof” Indian Patent:1900//DEL/2008A.
Awards & Achievements
1. Young Scientist Award (2012) for the best oral presentation in the International conference on
Environmental Impact on Human health and Therapeutic challenges held at Tirupati, India.
2. Scholarship for pursuing doctorate degree (PhD) provided by Ministry of External Affairs, Italy at Italian
Institute of Technology, Italy and University of Genova from Jan. 01, 2008 to Dec 30, 2010.
3. ISRO Scholarship (2005) (Indian Space Research Organization) for higher advanced research on carbon
nanotube based composites for aerospace structural materials.
4. University 2 nd topper in order of merit among the graduating M.Sc -Polymer science (2004), Institute of
applied science, Bundelkhand University, India.
1. Lead Guest Editor: Advances in Electrospun Nanofibers-Special Issue of Journal of Nanomaterials-
(Hindawi Publishing) https://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/3531725
2. Editorial Board of Chemical and Materials Engineering (Horizon Research Publishing, USA).
3. Member: American Nano Society.
4. Member: American Ceramics Society.
5. Member: Engineering Ceramics Division.
6. Member: Institute of Nanotechnology (Associate Member).
REVIEWER FOR SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS:
Journal of American Ceramics Society (Willey), Journal of European Ceramic Society, Journal of Physics and
chemistry of solids, Carbohydrate Polymers, Polymer Degradation and Stability, Composites Part A,
Composites Science and Technology, Food Chemistry (Elsevier), Journal of materials Science, Journal of
Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (Springer), Journal of Material Science Research (CRC Press), Advances in
Applied Ceramics (Taylor and Francis), Universal Journal of Materials Science, Journal of Nanomaterials
(Transtech), Materials (MDPI), Polymers (MDPI), Biotechnology Progress, Materials Research Express (IOP),
Advanced Engineering Materials (Willey), Lubricants (MDPI), Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of
Biomedical Materials(Elsevier), Journal of Macromolecular Science, Part A: Pure and Applied Chemistry,
Materials and Manufacturing Processes.
Courses Taught at UG / PG / PhD
1. Introduction to materials Science
2. Materials Processing
3. Composites science and technology
4. Materials characterization techniques
5. Laboratory courses