Current Research Interests
My research interest is in the field of plasma diagnostics especially fusion spectroscopy. My present research interest is in the design and development of a Near-Infrared Spectroscopy diagnostics system for edge and divertor plasma spectroscopy of Aditya-U tokamak for plasma parameters and influx measurement. I am also interested in the development of a novel system for direct measurement of plasma potential and its fluctuations in the edge region of fusion machines using laser heated emissive probes. .
- I am a life member of Plasma Science Society of India (PSSI).
Latest Five Publications
- P. Mehta, A. Sarma, A. D. Sivagami, N. Hariprakash, S. Gopi, B. Sarma and J. Ghosh “Surface Properties of Graphite and LaB6 Materials Used for Laser Heated Emissive Probe Diagnostic” Indian J Phys 91(2) 225–234 (2017).
- V. P. Kella, P. Mehta, A. Sarma, J. Ghosh, and P. K. Chattopadhyay “A comparative study of sheath potential profile measurements with laser-heated and current-heated emissive probes” Rev. Sci. Instrum. 87 043508 (2016).
- P. Mehta, A. Sarma and J. Ghosh “Laser Heated Emissive Probes Design and Development under National Fusion Program and Potential Measurement” Chin. Phys. Lett. 31 125201(2014).
- P. Mehta, A. Sarma, J. Ghosh, S. Pandya, S. Pandya, P. Choudhuri, J. Govindarajan, C. Ionita Schrittwieser, R. Schrittwieser “Measurement of emission current and temperature profile of emissive probe materials using CO2 LASER” Current Applied Physics 11 1215-1221(2011).
- P. Mehta, A. Sarma, J. Ghosh, S. Pandya, S. Pandya, P. Choudhuri, J. Govindarajan, C. Ioniţă, and R. Schrittwieser “Temperature profile measurement of graphite material using a CO2 laser” Phys. Scr. 82 055402 (2010).