Current Research Interests
My research interests involve various aspects of gravitational wave astronomy: detection of gravitational waves, methods of parameter estimation, test of General Relativity, detector characterization. Plasma physics: plasma and fluid turbulence, magnetic reconnection and phenomena in plasma astrophysics.
Other interests : different numerical methods/algorithms for the simulation of computational fluid dynamics problems, computational magnetohydrodynamics, particle-in-cell (PIC) simulations, molecular dynamics simulations, parallel and grid computing.
- Visiting Associate at Inter University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune, India.
- 2016 Special Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics for the observation of gravitational waves.
- Research Fellowship from Department of Atomic Energy, India (September 2006 – August 2012) to carry out PhD. work at IPR, Gandhinagar, India.
- IndIGO-LIGO Scientific Collaboration (LSC).
- Indian Initiative in Gravitational Wave Observations (IndIGO) Consortium.
- Association of Asia Pacific physical Societies – Division of Plasma Physics (AAPPS – DPP).
- Plasma Science Society of India (PSSI).
Latest Five Publications
- Gaur, Gurudatt, Sengupta, Anand S., Ajith, P., “A comparison of geometrical and exact match coincidence in gravitational wave searches from binary black holes.” Under Preparation. 2017
- Gaur, Gurudatt as part of LIGO Scientific Collaboration and Virgo Collaboration (B. P. Abbott et al.), "GW151226: Observation of gravitational waves from a 22-solar-mass binary black hole coalescence." Physical Review Letters 116.24 (2016): 241103. 2016
- Gaur, Gurudatt, and Predhiman K. Kaw, "Tearing and surface preserving electron magnetohydrodynamic modes in a current layer." Physics of Plasmas 23.3 (2016): 032106. 2016
- Gaur, Gurudatt as part of LIGO Scientific Collaboration and Virgo Collaboration (B. P. Abbott et al.), "Observation of gravitational waves from a binary black hole merger." Physical review letters 116.6 (2016): 061102. 2016
- Gaur, Gurudatt as part of LIGO Scientific Collaboration and Virgo Collaboration (B. P. Abbott et al.), "Astrophysical implications of the binary black hole merger GW150914." The Astrophysical Journal Letters 818.2 (2016): L22. 2016
- Referee of Physics of Plasmas.
- Convener of the Conference on Recent Trends in Physical Sciences (CRPPS – 2016).
- Member: Board of Studies, Academic Council.